So another year has gone by. It’s certainly been a year of mixed emotions, without a doubt. I know most people will be glad to see the back of 2016, but hey, if you’re reading this post, you’ve made it through the year. Isn’t that something to be thankful for?
So in my bid to start the year with a positive mindset I’ve decided to list some of the good things I’ve experienced or learned over the past year.
- Family time is important – ok I knew this before 2016 but going back to work and having busy family schedules, really brought this home
- I’ve learned not to feel guilty about personal time – reading a book, going for a swim, or even a night away can be a good thing! Switching off from the above mentioned schedules every now and then, is good for you. In fact, it’s good for everyone.
- I can’t lose out by embracing opportunities and invitations. I got a real boost from taking on a speaking opportunity and doing a charity 10k walk. Both things I wouldn’t have dreamed of a year ago, but the feeling of accomplishment and the things that followed were great. Say ‘yes’more!
- I appeared on a daytime tv quiz show!! Ok I kept it quiet (I didn’t win) but given that it was something I’d wanted to do for years, I decided to go for it at the end of mat leave. I really shouldn’t have left it so long!
- I got a promotion! I’ll probably post more about this at some point, but it was a great way to end the year, knowing my first back at work had been a success
In spite of all the random bad stuff that’s happened, this year has been kind of alright. At the end of the day, if you’re still here to read my little old blog, then that’s something. Plenty of people didn’t make it this far.
Happy new year. Bring on 2017